Webinars are online seminars that:
- allow you to participate over the internet using a computer, smart phone or tablet
- let you attend from the convenience of your home or office
- save you time and money
- have a chat facility so you can ask the presenter questions
- The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is conducting seminars for small business via webinar.
Tax basics for small business
Small business operators and those just starting or thinking about starting a new business, should consider participating in these free tax webinars.
You will learn about tax issues relevant to owning and operating a small business and receive practical tips for your business.
- Tax basics introduction
- Income tax deductions
- Home-based business
- Motor vehicle deductions
- Concessions for small business
- Activity statement essentials
- Goods and services tax
- Budgeting and record keeping
- Small business assistance
- Employer obligations overview
- Super obligations for employers
- Issues for contractors
- Depreciating assets
When are they on and how do I register?
For the full schedule and to register for our Tax basics webinars, click on this link:
Small business webinars
Tax basics videos
The ATO also offers a suite of Tax basics videos for small business.
These videos cover an extensive range of topics: Tax basics for small business video series
Series two – Construction industry – Taxable payments reporting
People working in the building and construction industry.
Taxable payments reporting requires businesses that operate in the building and construction industry and who pay contractors for building and construction services, to report those payments to the ATO annually. The one-hour webinar session will answer the questions of who reports, what is reported and provide tips to assist you now.
When are they on and how to do I register?
For the full schedule and to register for our Taxable payment reporting webinars, click on this link:
The ATO’s other webinar programs
Rental property owners
For information about rental properties:
- Watch our rental property video series
Trustees of SMSFs
The ATO runs one-hour webinars for trustees of self-managed super funds on these three topics:
- Self-managed super funds for trustees – an overview
- Self-managed super funds – accepting contributions and managing investments
- Self-managed super funds – accessing your super
When are these topics on and how do I register?
For the full schedule and to register for these webinars, click on this link: Webinars
Please contact South East Access office for clarification, or further advice, regarding any taxation advice.
South East Access
Suite 25, 44 Deering St Ulladulla 2539
Phone: (02) 4454 4444
Fax: (02) 4454 0400
Office hours are 9.00 am to 5:00 pm